First off I want to thank everyone for all the well wishes and thoughtful messages you left on my Facebook page last week when I posted about Photobookgirl.com turning 7. As I mentioned in the post, when I first clicked that button to officially launch my site back in 2010, little did I know where this journey would take me and how long it would last. At the time I had no idea whether we’d reach a one year milestone let alone the seven years that we’ve enjoyed now. But here we are!
I really believe that life is about the journey, not the destination which probably shouldn’t be surprising since I’m all about documenting and preserving the journey. What’s really awesome for me personally is when I hear my blog has encouraged you to do the same. So, as has become the tradition on every anniversary of our launch, I want to give you a gift and I always try to make it an amazing one!
WHAT YOU CAN WIN
For our 7th Anniversary you have a chance to win one of two prizes:
GRAND PRIZE: One full year of photo books from Mixbook!!!
The grand prize is valued at $480.00!
But wait! There’s more! What’s even more amazing is that you can combine your credit with any ongoing promo that Mixbook is running. For example, Mixbook’s featured PhotoBookGirl deal is 40% off photobooks (and 30% off everything else), so if you were to order your photo books now, it means you could stretch your credit to a value of $800.00. Okay, if that is not an awesome prize I don’t know what is. Similar deals run throughout the year so be sure to check them out!
How you choose to spend your grand prize is up to you. You can make one photo book per month, or you can spend it all at once on anything on Mixbook’s site! Are you celebrating your tenth wedding anniversary but still don’t have a wedding album? Here’s your chance to splurge! Or you can finally scan all those old family photos to make a family history photo book and give copies to everyone for Christmas! I’m a huge fan of Mixbook’s calendars and I’ve made everyone in my family a personalized calendar every year for the past six years now.
There’s so many fun things you could do with this prize. Start dreaming!
Our first prize of a 14 x 11 acrylic print (valued at $99.99) or a 16 x 20 canvas print (valued at $89.99) is nothing to sneeze at either! I have not yet had the chance to try either at Mixbook, but I’m really interested in trying the acrylic prints. I lean towards a more contemporary aesthetic (despite my love of antiques), and acrylic prints are one of the more sleek offerings I’ve been seeing lately. From left to right below are examples of canvas, metal and acrylic prints.
Mixbook is one of my favorite companies. They have one of the best photo book design programs out there.
What I like:
- Put anything just about anywhere. You can design across the center spread which gives you a lot more design options;
- The software is very user friendly and intuitive. You don’t have to click in and out of different editing modes to customize the page unlike some other companies’ software;
- The clip art is “non-cheesy” and well-designed. I can always find something unique and fun to add to my layouts and if I can’t, I can easily load my own;
- The software is online. Once I load my photos, I can work on it from my laptop, desktop etc. I’m not chained to my desk and I can work on it anywhere I have an internet connection;
- Their pre-made themes are well designed with something for everyone from traditional to modern. I’ve often picked one as a starting point for my books. I can always delete, move, resize anything in the design. It’s the best of both worlds – I don’t have to start a book from scratch and I have the ultimate flexibility to change it up;
- Fun options like drop shadows, borders, transparency adjustments are all available;
- Collaboration is a built-in feature. You can invite friends to upload photos and make edits to a joint project. I did a cookbook project with my friends and we had a great time doing it!
- The flexibility in design is available in Mixbook’s cards and calendars as well. I like being able to take one of Mixbook’s fully-designed cards and then change anything to fit my needs.
- Books come in square, landscape and portrait orientation and lay flat albums are available too. Portrait books are not as common but are one of my favorites to make.
If you want to check out all of my Mixbook projects throughout the years, see my Mixbook Reviews page!
HOW TO ENTER THE PHOTO BOOK GIRL 7TH BIRTHDAY GIVEAWAY SPONSORED BY MIXBOOK!
You have 5 possible ways to enter, but you must do the REQUIRED ENTRY for the others to count. For EACH entry, you have to COMMENT ON THIS POST below with a separate comment for EACH entry, telling me what type of entry you did.
- IF YOU WON THE GRAND PRIZE, HOW WOULD YOU SPEND IT? (i.e. Would you spread out your credit and make one book per month? Or would you make one big prize? Would you keep it for yourself or give gifts? It’s up to you, but I’d love to hear your ideas!) If you’re not familiar with Mixbook’s products and book themes check them out here!
- Subscribe to my newsletter (look for light blue box at top right) AND tell me in the comment below that you subscribed and the name you subscribed under (first name is fine). If you already subscribe to my newsletter, tell me in your comment and give me your name. (Please remember for it to count, you must confirm the subscription. Sorry RSS reader subscriptions don’t count);
- “Like” me on Facebook (if you are already a fan, or become a new fan, tell me your Facebook name in the comment form);
- “Like” Mixbook on Facebook (if you are already a fan, or become a fan, tell me your Facebook name in the comment form);
- Give your review of any photo book/canvas company you’ve tried on the company’s main reviews page. (Click here to give a canvas print review). Click on the “Read Review” button. You’ll see a place to add your review at the bottom of each company’s page. Let me know which company you commented on by telling me in a comment in this post below. (Limit to two (2) entries using this method. Reviews given prior to the start of this Giveaway don’t count – they must be new ones please!)
Make sure to do the REQUIRED ENTRY or the optional entries won’t count!
This giveaway is open to anyone 18 or older. No country restrictions (so it’s international but please check if Mixbook ships to your country if you have any doubts). Void where prohibited. Void in Quebec. Entries must be received by Thursday, March 16, 2017, at 11:59pm CT and any entries not in accordance with the rules will be disqualified at our sole discretion and at the discretion of the sponsor. Winning entries will be chosen using Random.org. After compiling the results, I will announce the winners thereafter and will email the winners and post the names on my site. The winners will have 24 hours to respond or I will redraw another entry. Canadian winners may be asked to answer a skill question to be eligible, to comply with Canadian laws. Winners will be issued a credit on their Mixbook account. Credit does not expire. Shipping costs varies by location – see Mixbook’s site for details. Winners may apply value towards a higher priced item, and pay for any additional charges. You may even apply any applicable promo for extra savings. Winner will be solely responsible for any taxes due on the product or prize including but not limited to sales tax, tariffs, duties and fees as well as any income tax obligations if any. Disclosure: I am an affiliate of the company. The links on these pages go to the company’s site. If you click on a link to Mixbook’s site and make a purchase, I may receive a referral fee from the company. This giveaway is sponsored by Mixbook. Regardless of affiliation my opinions are always my own and I always give my honest opinion.
Best of luck to everyone! Can’t wait for your entries to come in!
By the way, there’s lots of new deals on the site including these awesome deals from Mixbook! Be sure to check them out before they’re gone!