Six years ago, I was a newly wed bride researching all the online options for making my own wedding photo album. I was definitely a hands-on DIY bride – I made my own wedding website, programs, favors, table numbers and even made my own centerpieces!
It was crazy, but I loved every minute of it. So, when it came down to my wedding album, it was keeping within the DIY theme to make my own of course, and that’s how Photo Book Girl was born. All of my research and digging into the photo book options online had found a home onto my site and as they say, the rest is history.
Since starting this site, I had a baby (a/k/a Photo Book Baby). Then the baby grew into a toddler and the toddler grew even more and became Photo Book Boy. Then along came bouncing baby boy number two just last summer and now we’re a family of four! My wedding albums (yes, I’ve made lots more than one!) eventually gave way to photo books of my little babes. Fast forward hundreds of photo books later and I’m still the DIY queen. I still enjoy preserving memories in my photo books and I love to share information and tips with my readers so they can become DIY experts too!
What’s made this online journey worthwhile is connecting with my readers throughout the years. Thank you for reading my musings and commenting here and on my Facebook page! It’s encouraging to know you’re out there! As has become tradition, every anniversary of Photobookgirl.com’s launch, I have a gift for all of you! It’s typically the best giveaway of the year and this year is no different.
WHAT YOU CAN WIN
This 6th Anniversary you have a chance to win one full year of photo books from Mixbook!!!
Yup, let’s keep it simple. There’s only one prize and it’s worth a whopping $480.00! You can stretch out your prize throughout the year and make one photo book per month, or you can spend it all at once on anything on Mixbook’s site! So, if you’ve been saving up for the wedding album of your dreams or want to gift out one book per month to family and friends, it’s up to you. Perhaps you have been wanting to make a feature wall of canvas prints. What’s even more awesome is that you can combine your credit with any ongoing promo that Mixbook is running. For example, Mixbook’s current deal is 50% off orders over $100.00. So, if you were to order now, it means you can stretch your credit to a value of $960.00. (Seriously!) Similar deals run throughout the year so make sure you check them out! I’m so excited to offer this chance to win this prize thanks to our sponsor Mixbook!
Mixbook is one of my favorite companies. They have one of the best photo book design programs out there.
What I like:
- Put anything just about anywhere. You can design across the center spread which gives you a lot more design options;
- The software is very user friendly and intuitive. You don’t have to click in and out of different editing modes to customize the page unlike some other companies’ software;
- The clip art is “non-cheesy” and well-designed. I can always find something unique and fun to add to my layouts and if I can’t, I can easily load my own;
- The software is online. Once I load my photos, I can work on it from my laptop, desktop etc. I’m not chained to my desk and I can work on it anywhere I have an internet connection;
- Their pre-made themes are well designed and I’ve often picked one as a starting point for my books. I can always delete, move, resize anything in the design. It’s the best of both worlds – I don’t have to start a book from scratch and I have the ultimate flexibility to change it up;
- Fun options like drop shadows, borders, transparency adjustments are all available;
- Collaboration is a built-in feature. You can invite friends to upload photos and make edits to a joint project. I did a cookbook project with my friends and we had a great time doing it!
- The flexibility in design is available in Mixbook’s cards and calendars as well. I like being able to take one of Mixbook’s fully-designed cards and then change anything to fit my needs.
- Books come in square, landscape and portrait orientation. Portrait books are not as common but are one of my favorites to make.
If you want to check out all of my Mixbook projects throughout the years, see my Mixbook Reviews page!
HOW TO ENTER THE PHOTO BOOK GIRL 6TH BIRTHDAY GIVEAWAY SPONSORED BY MIXBOOK!
You have 5 possible ways to enter, but you must do the REQUIRED ENTRY for the others to count. For EACH entry, you have to COMMENT ON THIS POST below with a separate comment for EACH entry, telling me what type of entry you did.
- IF YOU WON, HOW WOULD YOU SPEND YOUR PRIZE? (i.e. Would you spread out your credit and make one book per month? Or would you make one big prize? Would you keep it for yourself or give gifts? It’s up to you, but I’d love to hear your ideas!) If you’re not familiar with Mixbook’s products and book themes check them out here!
- Subscribe to my newsletter (look for light blue box at top right) AND tell me in the comment below that you subscribed and the name you subscribed under (first name is fine). If you already subscribe to my newsletter, tell me in your comment and give me your name. (Please remember for it to count, you must confirm the subscription. Sorry RSS reader subscriptions don’t count);
- “Like” me on Facebook (if you are already a fan, or become a new fan, tell me your Facebook name in the comment form);
- “Like” Mixbook on Facebook (if you are already a fan, or become a fan, tell me your Facebook name in the comment form);
- Give your review of any photo book/canvas company you’ve tried on the company’s main reviews page. (Click here to give a canvas print review). Click on the “Read Review” button. You’ll see a place to add your review at the bottom of each company’s page. Let me know which company you commented on by telling me in a comment in this post below. (Limit to two (2) entries using this method. Reviews given prior to the start of this Giveaway don’t count – they must be new ones please!)
Make sure to do the REQUIRED ENTRY or the optional entries won’t count!
This giveaway is open to anyone 18 or older. No country restrictions (so it’s international but please check if Mixbook ships to your country if you have any doubts). Void where prohibited. Void in Quebec. Entries must be received by Monday, March 7, 2016, at 11:59pm CT and any entries not in accordance with the rules will be disqualified at our sole discretion and at the discretion of the sponsor. Winning entries will be chosen using Random.org. After compiling the results, I will announce the winners thereafter and will email the winners and post the names on my site. The winners will have 24 hours to respond or I will redraw another entry. Canadian winners may be asked to answer a skill question to be eligible, to comply with Canadian laws. Winners will be issued a credit on their Mixbook account. Credit does not expire. Shipping costs varies by location – see Mixbook’s site for details. Winners may apply value towards a higher priced item, and pay for any additional charges. You may even apply any applicable promo for extra savings. Winner will be solely responsible for any taxes due on the product or prize including but not limited to sales tax, tariffs, duties and fees as well as any income tax obligations if any. Disclosure: I am an affiliate of the company. The links on these pages go to the company’s site. If you click on a link to Mixbook’s site and make a purchase, I may receive a referral fee from the company. This giveaway is sponsored by Mixbook. Regardless of affiliation my opinions are always my own and I always give my honest opinion.
Best of luck to everyone – be sure to get your entries in! So excited for everyone!
By the way, there’s lots of new deals on the site including these awesome deals – and FREEBIE from Mixbook! Be sure to check them out before they’re gone!