Happy fall! Are the leaves changing color in your neck of the woods yet? I’m envisioning my family visiting a local pumpkin patch, enjoying bumpy hayrides, breathing in the crisp autumn air and sipping on hot spiced cider. I’m really looking forward to capturing photos of my two boys’ having a grand old time running around and just enjoying being kids.
But wait, I’m getting way too ahead of myself – what happened to summer? As my family’s self-appointed historian, I feel like I’m always living a bit in the past, always playing catch up on our photo book projects. This past summer we took two vacations. Our first was to Mt. Rushmore in South Dakota and the second was to New York City. And I have no qualms admitting that I haven’t made any attempts to put together photo books on those trips yet. In fact I’m really behind. But, I don’t let that get to me. They will get done at some point. Our memories do not have expiration dates!
What I’d like to do is help our readers get those summer projects off the ground (or whatever projects you have in the wings). So, what better way to do that than to have a GIVEAWAY!
When I teased this giveaway on my Facebook page recently, I was encouraged to see a lot of excitement. We haven’t had a giveaway since the spring so I guess you were all wondering when we’d have another one right? Well the wait is over!
WHAT YOU CAN WIN
For our Fall Giveaway we’re fortunate to have Mixbook sponsoring some awesome prizes.
THREE $100.00 PRIZES to spend at Mixbook!
Yup! Three winners will be drawn!
What I love about Mixbook giveaways is they generously allow winners to combine their credits with any ongoing promo that Mixbook is running. For example, Mixbook’s current featured PhotoBookGirl reader deal is 40% off photobooks (and 30% off everything else), so if you were to order your photo books now, it means you could stretch your credit to a value of $166.00!
How you choose to spend your prize is up to you. Photo books are of course my favorite, but Mixbook has a great selection of photo cards, stationery, canvas and acrylic prints and calendars. If you’ve been following my site, you probably know I’m a huge fan of Mixbook’s calendars and I’ve made everyone in my family a personalized calendar every year. This year will be number seven!
What I like about Mixbook:
- The software is very user friendly, intuitive and resides online. Once you upload your photos, you can work on it from any computer. You’re not chained to your desk and can work on it anywhere you have an internet connection;
- You can put anything just about anywhere. You can even design across the center spread which gives you a lot more design options;
- The clip art is well-designed. There is a lot of variety and you can easily load your own graphics to use within the software;
- Their pre-made themes offer a lot of options with something for everyone from traditional to modern. I’ve often picked one as a starting point for my books. I can always delete, move, resize anything in the design. It’s the best of both worlds – I don’t have to start a book from scratch and I have the ultimate flexibility to change it up;
- Fun options like drop shadows, borders, transparency adjustments are all available;
- Collaboration is a built-in feature. You can invite friends to upload photos and make edits to a joint project. I did a cookbook project with my friends and we had a great time doing it!
- The flexibility in design is available in Mixbook’s cards and calendars as well. I like being able to take one of Mixbook’s fully-designed cards and then change anything to fit my needs;
- Books come in square, landscape and portrait orientation and lay flat albums are available too. One of my favorite types of books to make are portrait books, which are not a common offering.
I recently noticed that Mixbook’s website has a new design, new logo and new features. If you haven’t visited Mixbook recently, you might want to check it out. Here’s some of the interesting NEW options:
- Mixbook now offers Pearl Finish paper – which gives off “a pearlescent lustre” which “adds a touch of sheen and silky feel”. I haven’t tried this yet, but I definitely will;
- Magnet cards look to be a new product;
- Mixbook has added Pearl Finish, Cotton Texture and Luxe Board papers to their original Satin Finish and Signature Matte options for custom cards. Foil cards are also now available;
- Some new designer themes are available. I love checking out new designs.
There were several themes I think would work great for our summer vacations, but these in particular look very much on point.
Adventure By 1canoe2
HOW TO ENTER THE PHOTO BOOK GIRL FALL GIVEAWAY SPONSORED BY MIXBOOK!
You have 5 possible ways to enter, but you must do the REQUIRED ENTRY for the others to count. For EACH entry, you have to COMMENT ON THIS POST below with a separate comment for EACH entry, telling me what type of entry you did.
- IF YOU WON $100.00 CREDIT TO USE AT MIXBOOK, HOW WOULD YOU SPEND IT? (Would you make a photo book? Cards? Canvas? What would be the subject?) If you’re not familiar with Mixbook’s products and book themes check them out here!
- Subscribe to my newsletter (look for light blue box at top right) AND tell me in the comment below that you subscribed and the name you subscribed under (first name is fine). If you already subscribe to my newsletter, tell me in your comment and give me your name. (Please remember for it to count, you must confirm the subscription. Sorry RSS reader subscriptions don’t count);
- “Like” me on Facebook (if you are already a fan, or become a new fan, tell me your Facebook name in the comment form);
- “Like” Mixbook on Facebook (if you are already a fan, or become a fan, tell me your Facebook name in the comment form);
- Give your review of any photo book/canvas company you’ve tried on the company’s main reviews page. (Click here to give a canvas print review). Click on the “Read Review” button. You’ll see a place to add your review at the bottom of each company’s page. Let me know which company you commented on by telling me in a comment in this post below. (Limit to two (2) entries using this method. Reviews given prior to the start of this Giveaway don’t count – they must be new ones please!)
Make sure to do the REQUIRED ENTRY or the optional entries won’t count!
This giveaway is open to anyone 18 or older. No country restrictions (so it’s international but please check if Mixbook ships to your country if you have any doubts). Void where prohibited. Void in Quebec. Entries must be received by Monday, October 16, 2017, at 11:59pm CT and any entries not in accordance with the rules will be disqualified at our sole discretion and at the discretion of the sponsor. Winning entries will be chosen using Random.org. After compiling the results, I will announce the winners thereafter and will email the winners and post the names on my site. The winners will have 24 hours to respond or I will redraw another entry. Canadian winners may be asked to answer a skill question to be eligible, to comply with Canadian laws. Winners will be issued a credit on their Mixbook account. Credit does not expire. Shipping costs varies by location – see Mixbook’s site for details. Winners may apply value towards a higher priced item, and pay for any additional charges. You may even apply any applicable promo for extra savings. Winner will be solely responsible for any taxes due on the product or prize including but not limited to sales tax, tariffs, duties and fees as well as any income tax obligations if any. Disclosure: I am an affiliate of the company. The links on these pages go to the company’s site. If you click on a link to Mixbook’s site and make a purchase, I may receive a referral fee from the company. This giveaway is sponsored by Mixbook. Regardless of affiliation my opinions are always my own and I always give my honest opinion.
Best of luck to everyone! Can’t wait for your entries to come in!
By the way, there’s lots of new deals on the site including these awesome deals from Mixbook! Be sure to check them out before they’re gone!