How would you like to make a photo book in minutes using the photos you have on your iPad, iPhone or Android device?
I recently reviewed this nifty app – Mosaic, brought to you by the folks at Mixbook. (Click here if you want to read my full Mosaic review.) It’s super easy and super fast and it’s aim is to help you get those photos off your mobile devices and into a book in minutes.
With Mother’s Day nearing, Mosaic is giving the opportunity for 12 of my readers to win your own Mosaic book (free shipping included too!). Whether you use it for your mom is up to you! More details on the giveaway below.
What is Mosaic?
Mosaic is an app that runs on the iPhone, iPad or Android. Through a quick and easy to use interface, you select just 20 photos on your device and the app automatically lays them out and designs a unique cut-out cover. The end result of your few minutes of effort is a 7 x 7 inch square hard cover book that comes in packaged in its own presentation box. It’s $20.00 and comes to you door in about 4 days.
It’s quick and easy to do since you only need 20 photos. The process works like this:
How to Make a Mosaic Photo Book
1) Download the free app to your iOS or Android device;
2) Mosaic will ask you to choose 20 photos and will pull from Facebook, Instagram or any photos stored on your phone. The app creates the entire layout for you as well as the cover.
3) Clicking “Shuffle Cover” will randomly remix the position of the photos on the cover;
4) You can preview the pages by tapping on the book as well as select a black or white background;
5) Place your order by entering your shipping and payment details.
Done! You’ll have your book in hand in about 4 days!
Here’s a quick summary of the stats:
|Book size:||7 x 7 (width x height) square|
|Cover:||Photo Cutout Linen Hard Cover|
|Pages:||22 pages (double-sided); 65 lb. McCoy Silk Cover paper (printed on HP Indigo printers)|
|Packaging:||Matching presentation box; small logo on the last page of book|
|Price:||$20.00 + $5.00 shipping = $25.00 TOTAL ($5 shipping for contiguous U.S.; $10 for Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico; International shipping depends on destination)
|Turnaround||Approximately 4 days (international is longer)|
For the Mosaic I made for purposes of my review, I made a brag book for my mom for Valentine’s Day. I filled it with photos of Photo Book Baby and her, and she loved it. The book is perfect for her to slip into her purse and show off to her friends. I’ve made her plenty of large photo books, but this one is the most portable.
Photo Book Girl Tip: The photos will load into the book in the exact order you select them, so the first photo you pick will be on the first page after the collage cover.
If you’ve never made a photo book before, this app is ideal for you. With the one-photo-per-page layout and the work done completely by the app, beginners will find it manageable and very fast.
A Fun and Easy Gift for Mother’s Day
It can be really hard to find a nice gift for your mom (especially if she already has everything!) – but a photo book is such an ideal present. We all know how hard it is to think of something creative to give as a gift, but a photo book is both creative and customized. I love personalized gifts myself and I can’t imagine any mom not loving a photo book you’ve made especially for her. They say it’s the thought that counts and believe me, that will really come through when she opens the box! Mother’s Day cards are a popular thing to give – think of this an extended 20-page card. If you’re not good with words, let the photos do the talking. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words!
By the way, Father’s Day is also coming up and I’m sure this would make for great gift for Dad too.
Enter for a chance to win 1 of 12 gift cards worth $25.00 each!
That’s enough to cover the cost of one Mosaic photo book with shipping included. (International winners or those outside contiguous U.S. can pay the difference in shipping cost.)
You have 6 possible ways to enter, but you must do the REQUIRED ENTRY for the others to count. For EACH entry, you have to COMMENT ON THIS POST below with a separate comment for EACH entry, telling me what type of entry you did.
- IF YOU WON THIS PRIZE, WHAT WOULD BE THE TOPIC OF YOUR MOSAIC PHOTO BOOK?
- Subscribe to my newsletter (look for light blue box at top right) AND tell me in the comment below that you subscribed and the name you subscribed under (first name is fine). If you already subscribe to my newsletter, tell me in your comment and give me your name. (Please remember for it to count, you must confirm the subscription. Sorry RSS doesn’t count);
- “Like” me on Facebook (if you are already a fan, or become a new fan, tell me your Facebook name in the comment form);
- “Like” Mosaic on Facebook (if you are already a fan, or become a fan, tell me your Facebook name in the comment form);
- Give your review of any photo book/canvas company you’ve tried on the company’s main reviews page. (Click here to give a canvas print review). Click on the “Read Review” button. Scroll down towards the middle of the page after the Quick Specs Chart and you’ll see a place to add your review for that company. Let me know which company you commented on by telling me in a comment in this post below. (Limit to two (2) entries using this method. Reviews given prior to the start of this Giveaway don’t count – they must be new ones please!);
- Blog about this giveaway on your blog. Be sure to comment on this post with a link to your blog post (Counts as 3 entries!)
Make sure to do the REQUIRED ENTRY!
This giveaway is open to anyone 18 or older. No country restrictions (so it’s international but please check if Mosaic ships to your country if you have any doubts). Void where prohibited. Void in Quebec. Entries must be received by Monday, April 28, 2014, at 11:59pm CT and any entries not in accordance with the rules will be disqualified at our sole discretion and at the discretion of the sponsor. Winning entries will be chosen using Random.org. After compiling the results, I will announce the winners thereafter and will email the winners. The winners will have 48 hours to respond or I will redraw another entry. Canadian winners may be asked to answer a skill question to be eligible, to comply with Canadian laws. Winners will be issued a gift card and will need to provide their email to Mosaic to receive the credit. Gift card does not expire. Shipping varies by location. (Contiguous U.S. shipping is included in $25.00 credit. International winners or those outside contiguous U.S. can pay the difference in cost. For example for Vancouver, Canada the book and shipping will total $36.00.) This giveaway post and prizes are sponsored by Mosaic/Mixbook. Regardless of affiliation my opinions are always my own and I always give my honest opinion.
BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE!