This post is the first in a series of How to Make Your Own Digital Photo Book (the Photo Book Girl way!) The series will give you a look at how I create the photo books that I use to write reviews for this site. You’ll get a look at my personal photo book workflow, my top photo book making tips and yes, learn from my mistakes. The goal is to help newbies get started and to share and exchange tips with more advanced photo book users.
Here’s a roadmap of the series. I’ll probably tweak it as we go along, but here’s the plan:
- Photo Book Tools: My Digital Camera Gear and My Computer Lineup
- How to Select and Edit Your Photos for your Photo Book and Photo Book Obstacle #1: “I Have So Many Photos, I Don’t Know Where to Start – Overcoming the Photo Abyss (NEW!)
- How to Make Your Photos Look Better – Edit Your Photos with iPhoto
- Preparing to Make Your Photo Book – How To Edit Your Photos with Photoshop
- How to Find the Best Online Photo Book Printing Company
- What is the Right Resolution or DPI for Photos When Making a Photo Book?
- Top Tips for Making Great Photo Book Templates and Layouts (Photobook America Preview)
- Photo Book Layouts – A Design Tutorial – You Make the Call!
How to Create a Two-Page Spread(most companies have this function built in now so I don’t think I need to do a post on it – Yea!)
- The Right Way to Add Text to Your Photo Book & How to Use Your Own Fonts
- Incorporating Non-Photo Elements Into Your Photo Book – A Bit of Digital Scrapbooking Fun
- Q&A: My Photos Aren’t Digital – How Do I Make a Photo Book? Scan Your Photos!
- Photo Book Paper Quality Compared – Which Photo Book Company Prints on the Best Paper?
- Make a Photo Book in Minutes
- How to Choose the Best Paper for Your Photo Book (Part 1 of 2)
- How to Choose the Best Paper for Your Photo Book (Part 2 of 2)
- Six Must Read Tips Before Sending Your Photo Book To Print
- Top Free Online Editing Tools Review
- Multi-Volume Photo Books – Make it a Series
- Photo Book Girl’s Top 7 Tips on Journaling
As always, I welcome you to comment on my posts and feel free to share your tips as well!
Photo Book Girl
Find out how much your book will cost across a possible database of
28 31 photo book companies. Use the Photo Book Wizard!
The best way to not miss any of my reviews is to stay in touch!
Click here for all Photo Book Company REVIEWS!