What is Groupon? (Remember you don’t have to live in that city to take advantage of Groupons or Living Social deals!) Read more about it!
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. What better way to say “I love you” but with a photo book!
Stumped for ideas?
VALENTINE’S DAY PHOTO BOOKS
1) What I love about you – a photo book accompanied by a list of 10 (or 100) things that you love about that person be it your spouse, child, mother, friend, grandparent. Pick about 15 to 20 of your favorite photos of that person (include some shots of you and that person together and some family/group shots) and put your captions of the items alongside the photos;
2) Story About Us – this is great for any couple. Make a book for your significant other, fiance, spouse, etc. Write some brief narratives that you can use as captions alongside your photos. Topics: How we met, How he proposed, Our first date, Our first trip together, Our wedding. No need to write a novel, just brief accounts of special moments work well;
3) No Theme – not big on writing and don’t want to mess with captions or narrative? Just drop in your favorite photos and grab some Valentine-themed clip art. Plenty of photo book companies have clip art of hearts, flowers and complementary backgrounds from vintage to modern. I’ve found lots of free clip art that you can upload for use into programs such as Mixbook and Photobook America. You can toss a few hearts across the page or use the heart shaped photo containers that many companies have and there you have a beautiful personalized gift.
If you feel like your book is a little bare without some wording, here’s some options:
1) Borrow a few quotes from love poems or Shakespeare for a classic book: “A rose by any other name would smell as sweet…”
2) Select a few lyrics to highlight, like the Beatles – “All you need is love…” or the words to your song;
3) Use the classic Valentine candy heart lingo – “Be Mine”, “You’re Sweet”, “Be My Valentine”
No need to make a huge book. A short and sweet book of the typical base 20 pages would be great and fairly quick to put together.
READY-MADE VALENTINE PHOTO BOOK THEMES
Short on time (who isn’t?) and want a completed theme ready for you to drag and drop your photos into? I scanned some photo book companies to see if they offer a guided theme. There were a lot of cute options:
NO THEMES, BUT VALENTINE’S BACKGROUNDS
Some companies don’t have book themes, but have Valentine’s themed backgrounds that you can use to make your books:
Now that you have some ideas, let’s find some deals!
Also don’t forget to check out the Coupons & Deals page.
The best way to not miss any deals is to stay in touch!
Want to know more before you buy? Click here for all Photo Book Company REVIEWS!