Photo Book Girl is 5 years old today! It’s been an amazing journey through the world of photo books and custom gifts and it’s been an exciting ride so far! As has become tradition every year on the birthday of my site, I will be giving away gifts to my readers! This year is no exception and as we’re marking a milestone five years, I’m thrilled to present our biggest giveaway prize yet to one lucky reader – a professionally designed premium photo album from MyPublisher! This is not your every day photo book by a mile – this prize package which includes design service and a flush mount album is valued up to $1495.00! You get to choose all the bells and whistles of your choice!
Please note this giveaway is only open to U.S. and Canadian residents, but we’ll have another MyPublisher giveaway coming very soon which will be open to international entrants as well.
MyPublisher, founded in 1995, was one of the first companies to offer print on demand photo books. It’s also one of the first photo book companies I tried about ten years ago and I still print books with them to this day. In 2013, Shutterfly acquired the company, but MyPublisher has continued to offer its own products and introduce new ones. More recently, several well-known photo book companies have started to market professional quality photo books directly to consumers – specifically targeting weddings as well as other special occasions such as milestone birthdays, bar/bat mitzvahs, anniversaries and other significant events. The latest offering by MyPublisher also ventures into the high end photo book album market and also launches a new design service to go along with it.
The Design Service Process
Unlike MyPublisher’s standard photo book creation process (in which you download software and create your own design), MyPublisher’s designers will assist you in putting together your album. There are two levels of design service to choose from:
1) Photo Selection and Album Design (Cost: $75)
Upload ALL of your images from your event and a designer will select the photos for you based on the number of photos you specify. You will get to review the choices the designer has made for you before they are put into album format.
2) Album Design (Cost: $50)
Preselect the photos you want in your album and the designer will create the layouts for you from those photos.
With either option you will have the opportunity to change layouts or make tweaks to the design. Note that the design fee is non-refundable should you decide not to move forward with making the album.
The initial process takes about 7 to 10 business days. The review and final approval process is estimated at 5 to 7 business days.
Selecting Album Options
Size and Format
All books are square in format and there are three sizes to choose from. An 8 x 8″ album starts at $270 for 20 pages and goes up to 12 x 12″ which starts at $470. You may have up to 90 pages (45 spreads) in an album. These starting prices below include the base $50 design fee, but note the design fee is paid separately from the cost of the album itself and is an upfront fee. All premium albums are printed onto photographic paper and coated with a protective lacquer. These albums are most commonly known as flush mount albums. Most readers who write in asking me about “high end albums with super stiff, extra thick pages” will likely be referring to this type of album.
MyPublisher offers a variety of cover options: Photo Finish (which is shown above); Solid Leather; Window and Acrylic. All albums will feature at least some portion in leather as it wraps around the binding and back cover of the album.
There are 20 colors of genuine leather to choose from plus a standard black option.
One of the sleekest options that catches my eye is the acrylic cover (shown below). I’ve been interested in this type of cover but have never had the chance to order an album with that feature yet. I’m very much looking forward to it! I am planning to make one of these albums myself, but I’m waiting for a few months for a special occasion that’s coming up for our family. Be sure to stay tuned for my personal review. This prize was so awesome though, I didn’t want to hold off on the giveaway!
Now for the fun stuff right? You can also choose the following upgrades:
1) Cover Monogram Styles – I like the fonts they’ve offered. There’s a good mix of modern and more classic typefaces. I think most folks will be able to find something they like. Check out the monogram styles here;
2) Page Thickness – you get to choose from standard or thicker pages. To give you an idea, according to the company, the standard pages are a bit thinner than a dime and the thicker pages are closer to the thickness of a nickel. The thicker pages are $50.00;
3) Extra Pages – each page over the base 20 pages is $10.00/page (side);
4) Corner Options – square or rounded. Rounded corners are $25.00;
5) Gilding – standard is black, but silver or gold are upgrades for $20.00;
6) Cover Imprinting – for the solid leather or photo window cover options, you can have text foil imprinted or debossed for $25.00;
7) Logo Removal – If you don’t prefer to have MyPublisher’s logo in the book, it’s just $10.00 to remove it, which is a great option for pros.
8) Parent or Companion Albums – If you want to provide parents or other family with a keepsake of the day, you have the option of ordering additional albums. These less expensive albums duplicate the design, but aren’t as fancy as the main heirloom album. These are digitally printed on thick paper (thicker than the paper in MyPublisher’s regular photo books, similar to the thickness of the standard album paper). There are two sizes – 6 x 6″ and 8 x 8″ starting at $100.00.
As mentioned, I’ll have a more detailed review of the actual book when I have the opportunity to make mine, but for now you can check out more images and details at MyPublisher’s site. Let’s get to the GIVEAWAY!
What Can You Win???
One very lucky PhotoBookGirl reader will be randomly drawn to receive one (1) professionally designed PREMIUM PHOTO ALBUM of his/her choice from MyPublisher! This amazing prize package is valued up to $1495.00!
This is the biggest prize we’ve ever had a giveaway for on our site!
All you have to do is provide your photos to MyPublisher and you’ll receive a completed album design for review. Tweak it and rework the layouts with designer assistance then select your options on size, cover type, and other options I’ve mentioned above.
You can check out the premium album options at MyPublisher’s site – It’s your choice!
HOW TO ENTER THE MYPUBLISHER GIVEAWAY
You have 5 possible ways to enter, but you must do the REQUIRED ENTRY for the others to count. For EACH entry, you have to COMMENT ON THIS POST below with a separate comment for EACH entry, telling me what type of entry you did.
- IF YOU WON, FOR WHICH OCCASION WOULD YOU MAKE YOUR ALBUM? (Wedding, Honeymoon, Baby, Bat Mitzvah, Anniversary etc.)
- Subscribe to my newsletter (look for light blue box at top right) AND tell me in the comment below that you subscribed and the name you subscribed under (first name is fine). If you already subscribe to my newsletter, tell me in your comment and give me your name. (Please remember for it to count, you must confirm the subscription. Sorry RSS reader subscriptions don’t count);
- “Like” me on Facebook (if you are already a fan, or become a new fan, tell me your Facebook name in the comment form);
- “Like” MyPublisher on Facebook (if you are already a fan, or become a fan, tell me your Facebook name in the comment form);
- Give your review of any photo book/canvas company you’ve tried on the company’s main reviews page. (Click here to give a canvas print review). Click on the “Read Review” button. You’ll see a place to add your review at the bottom of each company’s page. Let me know which company you commented on by telling me in a comment in this post below. (Limit to two (2) entries using this method. Reviews given prior to the start of this Giveaway don’t count – they must be new ones please!)
Make sure to do the REQUIRED ENTRY!
This giveaway is open to anyone 18 or older. This giveaway is only open to residents of the U.S. or Canada. Void where prohibited. Void in Quebec. Entries must be received by Monday, March 9, 2015, at 11:59pm CT and any entries not in accordance with the rules will be disqualified at our sole discretion and at the discretion of the sponsor. Winning entry will be chosen using Random.org. After compiling the results, I will announce the winner thereafter and will email the winner. The winner will have 48 hours to respond or I will redraw another entry. Canadian winner may be asked to answer a skill question to be eligible, to comply with Canadian laws. Winner will work with MyPublisher to redeem the prize up to a maximum value of $1495.00 USD. This is currently the maximum cost of an album and design service, but prices are subject to change. Cannot be combined with other promotions. Winner will be responsible for shipping costs. Base shipping costs are estimated at $25.00 to $40.00 but varies by destination, end product ordered and speed of delivery. Winner will be solely responsible for any taxes due on the product or prize including but not limited to sales tax, tariffs, duties and fees as well as any income tax obligations if any. Disclosure: MyPublisher is sponsoring the prizes for this giveaway. I am an affiliate of the company. If you click on a link to MyPublisher’s site and make a purchase, I may receive a referral fee from the company. Regardless of affiliation my opinions are always my own.
BONUS! Exclusive Photo Book Girl MyPublisher Coupon Code – Everyone Wins!
Okay, don’t take that literally – what I mean is I’ve secured an awesome deal for everyone. It’s valid only through the end of March and although we’ve had it up on the site here and there, it can come or go at any time thereafter, so don’t wait too long! It’s one of my favorite promos that MyPublisher runs every now and then (but not frequently) – the FREE EXTRA PAGES deal.
If you’ve printed with MyPublisher before, you know that this is probably the best deal they offer if you’re wanting to make a book with a lot of pages.
It’s almost 70% off! Make sure you make 100 pages with this one!
$35 for a Classic Photo Book (with up to 100 pages!)
$70 for a Deluxe Photo Book (with up to 100 pages!)
Coupon Code: CLICK HERE FOR CODE
Deal Expires: 3/31/2015 (11:59pm PST)
This promotion entitles select MyPublisher users to receive a $35 classic photo book including free extra pages and photo finish or book jacket cover option ($115.19 value) OR a $70 deluxe photo book with free extra pages and photo finish or book jacket cover ($229.19 value). Other paper, printing and cover options, slipcases, and any additional pages may be added to the order at full retail price. This offer does not apply to any other gift certificates, or any other product.
Click here if you’re interested in seeing my MyPublisher photo book reviews including overviews of the lay flat option, super gloss paper and photo finish cover (scroll down to “MyPublisher Reviews from the Blog” for a complete list of all of MyPublisher articles).
PROMO #2: FREE photo book for NEW customers
Photo book deal #2 is for new customers. If you haven’t made a photo book with MyPublisher, the best time to try out a new company is with a free 7.75 x 5.75 hardcover photo book or deduct $19.99 towards the cost of any hardcover book. Click on the link below to get your special code and more details. Deal Expires: 3/10/2015 at 11:59pm PST.
Looking forward to seeing those entries pour in! Best of luck!